SLED recommends using Internet Explorer 10 or higher for an optimum experience, while operating this website.
Welcome to the South Carolina Sex Offender Registry!
South Carolina has moved to a new sex offender management application called SORT. SORT is provided at no charge by the U.S. Department of Justice to the State of South Carolina. SORT is designed to make the sex offender registry process as efficient and effective as possible. This streamlined process also provides improved information sharing across all jurisdictions. SORT provides community notifications and automatic updates to the National Sex Offender Public Web Site. Other features include multiple photographs of the offender over time, a visual map of where the offender lives, a list of aliases the offender has used in the past, and a list of all of the sexually related offenses that an offender has been convicted of committing.
Signing up for SORT Notifications!
Citizens who were signed up on the previous system must register anew with SORT. This registration process is simple and can be done by agreeing to the “Conditions of Use” at the bottom of this page. On the next page, enter the code that appears on the page and click on “Continue”. On the next page, click on the “Community Notifications” link. Enter all of the information under the “Register for Community Notifications” section " and agree to the “Agreement Terms”
Conditions of Use:
• The County Sheriff's Offices and the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division update this information regularly, to assure that it is as complete and accurate as possible. However, this information can change quickly and information on registered sex offenders is often provided by the registered sex offender themselves as required by law. This information may not have been verified by local law enforcement officials at the time it is posted on the website. You are cautioned that the information provided on this site is information of record and may not reflect the current residence, status, or other information regarding a registered sex offender.
• Individuals included within the Registry are included solely by virtue of their conviction record and state law. The main purpose of providing this data on the Internet is to make the information more easily available and accessible, not to warn about any specific individual.
• The following WARNING is posted pursuant to S.C. Code of Law §23-3-510:
A person who commits a criminal offense using information from the sex offender registry disclosed to him pursuant to Section 23-3-490, upon conviction, must be punished as follows:
(1) For a misdemeanor offense, the maximum fine prescribed by law for the offense may be increased by not more than one thousand dollars, and the maximum term of imprisonment prescribed by law for the offense may be increased by not more than six months.
(2) For a felony offense, the maximum term of imprisonment prescribed by law for the offense may be increased by not more than five years.
• For further information on any registrant listed on this website or if you believe that any of the information found in these records is in error, please contact the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division, Sex Offender Registry at Post Office Box 21398, Columbia, SC 29210, Phone (803) 896-2601, Fax (803) 896-2311, or by e-mail at email@example.com
South Carolina Code of Laws mandate that the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division develop and maintain the sex offender registry. The intent of these laws are to promote the state's fundamental right to provide for the public health, welfare, and safety of its citizens. Notwithstanding this legitimate state purpose, these provisions are not intended to violate the guaranteed constitutional rights of those who have violated our nation's laws.
The sex offender registry will provide law enforcement with the tools needed in investigating criminal offenses.
To view a copy of the laws please go to S.C. Code of Laws Title 23, Chapter 3, Article 7, and Sections 400 through 555 using the following link: www.scstatehouse.gov
Information on this site should not be used to unlawfully injure, harass, or commit a crime against any individual named in the registry or residing or working at any reported address and that any such action could result in civil or criminal penalties.
SOUTH CAROLINA LAW ENFORCEMENT DIVISION
4400 BROAD RIVER ROAD
COLUMBIA, SC 29210
By clicking the I agree button, I accept the Conditions of Use as stated above.